Monday, February 13, 2012

Lady in Red

Arrrrrranged!
Arranged marriages in India are often portrayed by the west as an evil an unjust system. But to think of it, occasionally it can really be awesome. 


The efforts put in by the families. Finding the right person, matching the family profiles, social status, religious background. Very often parents become this undercover agents, with usually weird logic. 


And then when all is right, comes the great Indian hospitality. The marriage truly is a marriage of two families. Sudden doubling of your social circle.


I'm very sure I got most of the positives out. 


And the best thing is till THE DAY, the dude gets to see only a pic of the bride and in most cases a shy half glimpse. 


This got me thinking today, I'm very sure I'll be caught up in the system as well, sooner or later. 
I wouldn't mind it either. 


Who knows when I see the LADY IN RED, take the "ghoonghat" off to find her in an Arsenal Jersey! *dream interrupted*
Ghoonghat!

No comments:

Post a Comment